Typical Recommended Vertical Riser Installation for 6” Riser
Vertical Risers are acceptable when used in conjunction with Plastic Trends’ Controlled Settlement Joint, Deep Socket Bends and Vertical Riser Adapters
- The addition of a Deep Socket Bend allows earth compaction and settlement to occur without pipe pulling out of the fitting socket as the installation settles. Pipe is fully inserted into the deep socket bend allowing a full six inches of movement without disengagement.
- Use of Controlled Settlement Joint facilitates deflection pressure exerted by compaction and settlement. The Controlled Settlement Joint provides up to 5-1/2” of axial movement when encountering forces in excess of 500 lb/ft. Essentially, the Controlled Settlement Joint absorbs the forces exerted by compression allowing movement in the riser potentially eliminating both internal stresses from pipe push through and external forces generated by compressive earth load conditions.
- Vertical Riser Adapters prevent internal pipe push through or spearing, which can cause internal stress on fittings. They do not prevent earth loads from exerting external pressure on the installation, which can result in some compressive load deflection and potential distortion.
- The combination of the Vertical Riser Adapter and Controlled Settlement Joint provides an extra measure of security in the event the connection begins spearing action before reaching 500 lbs/ft force.
- Plastic Trends’ molded fittings provide square ends and square pipe stops which require 30% more force before spearing occurs. Irregular cut pipe and irregular chamfers facilitate pipe push through by guiding pipe past the pipe stop.
- Scientifically formulated compounds are designed for deflection and ductility capable of absorbing excess deflection and system movement, while maintaining maximum crush resistance to facilitate mandrel tests.
- Plastic Trends’ fittings are third party certified. SDR26 and IPS Gasketed Drainage fittings are certified for 200 PSI internal pressure by NSF.
Plastic Trends’ fittings are recognized for the highest quality standards in the industry. They meet or exceed ASTM, UL, CSA, and/or AWWA standards and several Plastic Trends product lines carry triple certification listing by NSF, UPC, and CSA.
Additionally, our fittings are regularly tested by our staff of quality control engineers to assure outstanding fitting quality. All fittings are tested for joint tightness, internal stress, and dimensional accuracy.